Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chocolate Cookie Bites


Chunky, buttery and overly sweet chocolate chip cookies are not really my thing. I was trying to find a way to finish the bag of chocolate chips I had at home. Then suddenly, as I was flipping through my compilation of recipes, I found a pilot recipe I used for cookies and then decided to make some changes and came up with that one. Since we are in the Nutcracker season, I realized that adding some nuts would enhance the chocolatey and the bitter taste of the cocoa powder. A great marriage between fragrance and bitterness! 


Ingredients:

170g All-purpose flour
80g chocolate chips
50g butter
2 tsp cocoa powder
30g sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
Hazelnut (or almond)


1.  Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer until it becomes fluffy.

2. Then add in the egg and the vanilla extract.

3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Then pour the melted chocolate in the mixture of butter, sugar and egg.

4. Once everything is incorporated, add in the dry ingredients – all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix well.

5. Preheat the oven at 325°F and shape the cookie dough into drops of 1 inch. Then add a whole hazelnut, pistachio or almond on top of it.

6. Bake for 15 minutes. 

7. Cool down and then it is ready to serve.

Good luck and enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment